Monday, January 25, 2010

A Note From the Worst Blogger Ever

I don't know what to say. I have absolutely no excuse for not updating about our wonderful holidays, about the great weekend we had when my parents came to visit, about anything really! I just really stink.. and I'm sorry.

I guess I just haven't felt like blogging in awhile. To be completely honest, I don't feel like writing this post right now. But I'll give you all a quick update so that you don't think that we have fallen off the face of the earth.

What have I been doing? Well...
  • I found out that I will be teaching American Literature to 11th graders next semester. I'm really looking forward to working with the older kids. The first novel we will be studying is The Great Gatsby. I barely remembered reading it in high school, but I am LOVING it right now. It definitely is helping me get excited for my new endeavor.
  • I've been COOKING. I love cooking! I'm really trying to cook a lot and try new dishes. So far the lasagna, enchiladas, goulash, baked penne, etc. has all been delicious. I'm thinking about becoming the next Giada (without emphasizing Italian pronunciation when saying things like "lasagna" and "mascarpone" - annoys me!). Not only have I been cooking, but I've been cooking while stretching our dollars. So far, so good!
  • I've been relaxing. I'm really slowing my life's pace down a good bit in an attempt to stay healthy and well-rested. It's seems to have been working since I am yet to catch any bugs flying around this season. KNOCK ON WOOD!
That's about it, really. Nate and I are happy as clams and can't believe we've been married 8 months already. Time flies!

I can't make any promises, but hopefully I'll update again soon :)

1 comment:

Erin and Andrew said...

FINALLY! I've been dying for something to read at work, so thanks for helping me waste a couple minutes this morning! Well maybe you can blog about your pal Erin if you need a new topic for blogging, just an idea :)