Sunday, April 22, 2012

Reggia di Caserta

Last Tuesday my friend (and savior, seeing as how she is our way of getting out of Damiani while Nate's at work), Margee, Lando, and I took a little trip to Caserta Palace. The main attraction here are the gardens and they are HUUUUGE, people. I mean, total guesstimate, but I think from the palace to the end fountain has to be at least 1 1/2 miles and that doesn't include the "English Gardens" in the back right of the place.

This is Caserta Palace, view from the gardens:
And here are the gardens, view from the palace. Okay, do you see the tiny white dot in the middle of the picture, halfway up the mountain?? That is the end of the gardens.
As you take the long walk, you pass a series of fountains, each with a cool waterfalls at the end.

Also, along the sides, there are many statues lining the trees like this one here.
I'll let the pictures do the talking from here. Again, there wasn't much to the Caserta Palace, but the gardens hold so much, it could take days to see every little thing.

(Psst... Notice the cool waterfall in the left background of this picture, that was the dot I pointed out earlier)

"The Bath of Venus"


B-E-A-utiful..... and tiring! Phew!

UPDATE: I had to add this little picture that Margee took of Lando and me. He's as happy as could be, out of the stroller and running.

1 comment:

nmnmnm said...

I am so jealous that you saw the gardens. I wanted to go out there so bad the day we visited, but the winds were practically hurricane strength. Thanks for all the pictures of it though. I really loved that little Venus grotto. Looks amazing!