Thursday, November 19, 2009

Top Ten Things I am Excited for This Thanksgiving


As Thanksgiving is approaching I am getting more and more excited for the holiday. In Letterman style, I give you my Top Ten Things I am Excited for this Thanksgiving.

10. Sleeping in - I've been waking up at 5:45am since September.. and I'm tired of it (Ha! Get it! Tired.. Anyways..)
9. A BREAK - I get a week off from both teaching and school. This break is much needed. I hope I can allow myself to turn my worries off.
8. Christmas is coming - Thanksgiving means that Christmas season is quickly approaching.. and I can't wait!
7. Football - I love me some football and Thanksgiving week is always good football.
6. Colorado - I love the state and Nate and I should see some snow while we're there. Although I've been traveling back for 4 years now, I am still amazed by the beauty of the state.
5. Card games - Nertz, Golf, Shanghai.. you name it, we play it at the Butler household. I know there are gonna be plenty of games played this holiday.
4. Food - Let's be honest, food makes me happy. Although I didn't like Thanksgiving food when I was a kid, I've grown to love the turkey, stuffing, ROLLS, and salads.
3. Babies - There are going to be babies (and kiddos) all over this Thanksgiving. Two in particular I am yet to meet in person. So excited!
2. Family - Holidays are all about family for me. It starts with a visit to my family this weekend and then to the Butlers we go.

And finally, my #1... drum roll please!

1. Nate time - We are probably the two busiest people ever (okay, not really, but it feels that way). I'm looking forward to just having some time for Nate and I to chillax with nothing to do :)

2 comments:

ShaSha said...

Hey! That's my turkey!

LBB said...

And we're excited to see you guys, too! A few days of family time can do a body good!