Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O' Christmas Tree

It's official, Christmas season is here! I always love Christmas, but it seems like this year I'm especially excited for it. I'm chalking up my enthusiasm to the fact that this will be my first X-Mas as a Butler. And for once, since I left my parent's house for college, I feel like I have a HOME. Nate and I's home.

In this spirit, the first thing I wanted to do when we got home from CO was get our Christmas tree. I didn't even have to drag Nate to Target with me to go shopping! He came along willingly, without a single complaint (even when I kept changing my mind, picking out ornaments). We planned on buying our tree at Home Depot, but while we were picking up lights and ornaments at Target, we saw they had a great deal on trees. We picked up a very full 7 footer for $30- a steal, in my book!

We brought the beauty home:

Nate unwrapped him and let him breathe:
I dressed him up in lights and fa-dangles:
And then he was ready to be seen. "Presenting... Mr.... X!":
There are a few things I love about Christmas decorations. Most importantly, I love that they are personal. Don't get me wrong, I've bought gadgets here and there, but my most treasured decorations are the ones that mean something to me. For example, I love my Christmas quilt sewn with love by my Aunt Judy. I'm never going to celebrate Christmas without it (and the older it gets, the softer it gets!).
Also, this year Nate's mom gave us all his Christmas ornaments, one for each year of his life. I loved adding them to our tree. Who doesn't like seeing this little guy peer out at you:

I still need a few things for Mr. X, like a skirt, topper, and presents below (OF COURSE). I have one idea for a topper, that I will have to make. I will definitely show you all a picture when it's on there.

So, I guess there is just one last thing to say......... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas:

4 comments:

Kate said...

Ooooo very nice! So festive. So far I've only got my nativity set out (cause it's easy to do).

And I see you got a new chair!

Emily said...

Hooray for Christmas! Way to go; everything looks great!

LBB said...

How fun for me to see those ornaments as part of the celebration in a new Butler home. I love this time of year!

Britt said...

that is one awesome tree. I just love Christmas decorations.