Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Best Birthday Present Ever

I got my best birthday present a little early. Yesterday we got to take a look at what I've been cooking up for the last couple of months. Yes, it's official- I'm prego! We went to our first prenatal appointment yesterday and it looks like everything is on track. It was quite the gift for Nate and I to see this little, tiny heart fluttering away. The baby was pretty funny, wiggling around and "waving at us," as the doctor said. We are as happy as can be and so excited for this tiny little being:

Our due date is September 7th and, although I know we have a long way to go, I can't wait! Nate and I have always said we wouldn't find out the sex of the baby, but we will see in the coming months if we stick to our guns. Nate is already wavering a little, I think. In the meantime I guess the baby will just be "it", "baby", "the bean", or any other names we come up with :)

Update - Since showing my mom this blog, she said that it looks like a little peanut. I definitely think "peanut" can be added to the list of nicknames :)

6 comments:

Erin and Andrew said...

YAY! Secret is finally out!!! I'm so excited I can't even stand it!! You Butler's will be the best parents, and luckily your babysitter lives just a block away :)

The Sachills said...

Congrats you two! Hopefully Auntie Erin is a better babysitter than a dogsitter. ;)

C and B said...

OMG! Congratulations!!! :) We are SOOOOO excited for you guys. Please keep us posted with all things Baby Butler related. Yay for a sweet baby on the way!!

Justin and Marisa said...

How exciting!!! Enjoy the journey.

Michelle said...

Congratulations to you and Nate! What a fun birthday present. I'm sure Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Don are thrilled! We are really happy for you.

Yvonne and Bruce said...

HOORAY! We are so pleased for you and your little peanut! (Of course Nathan may not remember that our little cocker spaniel's name was Peanut, so we like the name you've chosen!) Just kidding. We're thrilled for you. You could have him/her 2 days late and name him/her after me! Just kidding again. Auntie Yvonne!