Thursday, April 12, 2012

All About Lando

I figured that since many of you aren't able to see Landon right now, you'd like to know what's been going on with our little man. So here it is, all you need to know about Landon.

-First off, he is a crazy man. This kid is go, go, go until Nate and I finally get to him to bed and then collapse into our own bed from exhaustion. Exhibit A- Landon running wild in Siena:

-Speaking of bed, because Italians eat dinner so late here and restaurants don't even open until 8, we put him down at 9:30pm. It leaves less time for Nate and I to get our baby-free night time (like we got in the States when bedtime was 7), but it's temporary.

-He is a talking and word machine. Landon is picking up new words daily. One day I asked him if something tickled and he repeated, "tickle." It's crazy how much his vocabulary has grown in the last few months, and it was good to begin with. He loves being able to communicate with us and we like being able to understand what he needs. A few of his favorites include "Barney" (see below), "snack," "poopoo" (yes, he tells us when he is working on a little something. Hoping that will be good for potty training when we get back), "milk," and those two he can never say too much, "mama" and "dada." Of course, my favorites are "please," "thank you," and "I love you." They aren't enunciated perfectly, but close enough :)

- Ugh. Barney. Unfortunately, Barney has become somewhat of an obsession and the thing is it's really the only option we have to give him. I think he likes it because of all the singing and music, and there's even a couple songs he can sing along to.

-He's into animal noises. Landon loves Brown Bear, Brown Bear and because we were reading it so often we started teaching him the sounds of each animal. Once he got those, we've moved onto other books with other animals. I'd say the two cutest ones are his "baaaa" and "mooo," although his "woof" is pretty darn cute, too.

-Landon is getting sillier by the second. He loves dancing around and goofing off. And once he notices he's gotten a laugh out of you, he's going to keep with whatever is provoking it. Exhibit B- Landon at the park, making his Mama laugh:

-He almost has a full mouth of teeth. Since being here, I think Landon has gotten all four molars and his incisors. Now he is just missing a couple on bottom and he'll be good to go.

-Landon thinks it's funny to follow commands. Sometimes I do it just so I can get him to stay in one place for a minute (secret's out). Exhibit C - Landon following commands:


-He loves Italian food. Fortunately, our boy has not gotten sick of pasta and I don't see it happening anytime soon. I just know one day my 20 year old son is going to ask me where his love for Italian food came from.

So that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff, but you know, I can only remember so much these days. We love our little man and think he's been such a trooper on this trip. We can't wait to see him in his new role as big brother. I'm sure he'll be amazing at it :)

3 comments:

Britt said...

He is growing up so fast and super cute. Isn't it horrible when your kid gets attached to a show that you can't stand. Sam at Landons age loved Dora the Explorer and her voice to me was like nails on a chalkboard. Luckily he out grew Dora and we found some better T.V. entertainment that everyone could deal with.

Auntie ShaSha said...

I miss you Landie!!!!

Mrs. Perkins said...

He looks soo big!