Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Italian Food Pyramid

This was posted by our friend, Margee, but I had to share, too. Below is the Italian food pyramid. It's so interesting to see how it varies from our own diet in the States. Obviously, grains and breads have a more significant role than in our diet (Yesssssss!). Also, I like how it's broken up in the daily/weekly/monthly categories. And while it's shocking to see that meat should only be eaten monthly, you should note that things like prosciutto and bacon are not considered meat.  What other things shock you?


I'll be posting soon on other things I've learned about Italians, but first we are headed to Venice for the weekend! Rain is in the forecast (because I jinxed our luck), so keep your fingers crossed we don't get too drenched :)

No comments: