Monday, June 25, 2012

Butler News

So we are long overdue for an update on what's been happening in the Butler lives. As you may have remembered we let go of our apartment when we left for Italy. We did this for three reasons: 1) to save money, 2) a two bedroom apartment wasn't going to cut it for a family of 5 (including Stevie), 3) there was a potential new job for Nate on the horizon. While we NEVER imagined we would still be up in the air once our Italy time was over, it's what happened. Therefore, for the past 5 weeks, I've been in HB with my parents and Nate has been traveling back and forth between HB and San Diego. With this baby coming soon, still awaiting a job offer, and not knowing where we should plant ourselves, things have been hectic... to say the least. Luckily, we've made some decisions and are moving into our new rental house in San Diego on Wednesday. We may just have a home to bring #2 home to! I'm back in SD and I'm even starting to sleep a little better. I will definitely be updating soon with pics of our new place :)

In other, less stressful news, we had a great Father's Day celebrating with my family. in true Saenz fashion, we BBQed at Lisa and Peter's and enjoyed the day poolside. Landon LOVES hitting the pool with his pops:

I've also recently joined Pinterest (just in time to decorate a new place!!!) and stole my first idea for Nate's Father's Day present. I'm pretty happy with how it came out:

Last but not least... I'm about to have this baby! We are really getting close now. It's all come up so quickly, but I can't wait to meet #2 (we do have a name, but for some reason I've felt like waiting to tell it to the world). Here is a pic of me a few days ago at 38 weeks:
You can hardly tell I'm pregnant, right?! Okay, so I look like I swallowed a watermelon whole. Saw the doc today and she says things are definitely in motion (I'll spare you the specifics). We may just see this guy within the week.... I just hope it's AFTER Wednesday, move-in day. So that should catch you up. Next post may just be introducing our new little man.. CRAZY!

3 comments:

C and B said...

oh my goodness i can't believe baby will be here soon! we're so excited for you guys. :) love the "dad" photos, i saw that on pinterest too and was going to try, but they realized there was NO way i could get owen to sit still while holding a letter. maybe next year! good luck with the move!

Erin and Andrew said...

Yikes, any day now! I can't hardly wait! Good luck with the move...counting down the days until September when Auntie Erin comes for a visit!

Anonymous said...

Looking good!